Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 24 - how's the air out there?

For the first time in as long as I can remember (about 9 months back currently...) it was hot in the Northwest yesterday.  Okay, so it was only like 75 degrees out, but that is a big step up for us!  I got into my car about mid-afternoon and went straight for the air conditioning.  After just a few minutes I realized, wait, here is another one of those decisions I make throughout the day without putting any thought into how it might affect the environment.  I turned the air off and rolled down my window.  I forgot how nice it feels to have fresh air cooling you off when the convenience of air conditioning seems to be the default choice.  I know there are times when air conditioning might feel necessary, but try to remember the next time you are in your car to roll down your windows and enjoy the feel of the outside air!

Happy Summer everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment